Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer Reading Update

I've penned this summer as the summer I get back in touch with my bibliophile-self. Thanks to Booksfree.com, I am reading more than ever and feeling more grounded and inspired than ever. Yay!

I just wanted to give you a quick glimpse of what I've read since posting about World of Pies. Nothing fancy.


Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! by Fannie Flagg--Loved it. City girl returns to small town roots. Made me want to read more of her books.


Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella--Liked it. Didn't love it, but it made for a quick amusing read.


The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde--I thought this was a no-fail book. It failed me. I couldn't even get through the first twenty pages. Sigh.


True Blue by Luanne Rice--I really didn't expect to like it as much as I did. The cover reminds me of one of the sappy romance books my mom used to pick up at the grocery store. However, I LOVED THIS BOOK! It made me feel so warm and fuzzy on the inside and really made me take a look at myself as a person. The setting felt like home to me. I cannot wait to read more of her books as they are all set in the same place.


My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult--Being the second book I've read by her, I know her books are hard to read. I loved this book and hated it at the same time. The ending was upsetting and inconceivable, which is apparently her style. The movie adaptation will more than likely not do this book justice since Cameron Diaz is playing the mother, who is also a lawyer. Yeah, that's believable.


Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray--Not life-changing, but adorable and heart-warming. Anyone in need of a quick read or a pick-me-up should definitely grab a copy of this.

Not too shabby, considering summer just officially started!

No comments: