Thursday, June 12, 2008

... and we're back from our trip to Windsor! It was a really nice little getaway and confirmed that I prefer small towns to big cities, even if my allergies are making me feel rather close to death right now.

As much as I would love to post pictures of the whole trip right now, I'm really tired and so I thought I'd give you a little peek at some of my favorites. I must be some sort of vampire -- out of over 100 pictures, I managed to get 2 pictures with me in them. Naturally, they are both horrible too.


A little art we saw while driving through San Francisco. It was my first time there. Verdict: gorgeous, but way too windy and crowded for my taste.


San Francisco is really blue. And did I say windy?


I've never seen a double-decker carousel before. I was so deprived as a child.


This place had amazing nachos. My thighs are currently enjoying them.

I'm happy to be home, and I'm trying to get back into the groove of things. Sadly, the only thing I feel like doing is curling up in bed with a book. I'm currently reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult. I wanted to read it before the movie comes out, because I have no intention of seeing that. (Don't get me started on my Cameron Diaz issues.)

Now that we're back, I want to get started on functional crafty items. Dishcloths, coasters, and other things for when Kevin and I move. I have a couple painting ideas too. Now if only I could get off my butt. Ever.

2 comments:

cara lou said...

Have I mentioned how much I love love love seeing actual photos taken by you of actual things you do and see? Love it!

I'm glad you had a fun trip! I'll be up that way at the end of July. Woot!

Blech. Cameron Diaz.

Let me know how the book is though! I'm looking for some new reads!

Unknown said...

That was a fun trip. I want more of those nachos and more fresh delicious beer!