Monday, June 23, 2008

NOT Failing to Plan

I'm huge on planning things. We won't get into whether or not I follow through on these plans, but I enjoy the process of planning. I love having a place to record my lists and with my job, I need somewhere to keep track of to-do lists as well as deadlines. It's quite obvious that I haven't completed my transition to adulthood yet because what I'm currently using is a school assignment book. To me, they're more practical. There is plenty of space to write in, and they're already dated. I've attempted a real "adult" organizer before, only to miswrite dates because it's impossible for me to be trusted with such important tasks. Plus, I'll be honest. They're MUCH cuter.

And then I found this gem at the happiest place on earth: Target. This one is laid out exactly like a school assignment book with a bonus monthly calendar included as well. What's also great is that the paper part comes out and can be replaced with refills. No pesky binder rings either ... this one is purely spiral bound, baby. Since I can't let anything remain as I found it, I added this cute date twill ribbon by 7gypsies. I'm debating sewing the strip down to the book and I know somewhere I need to add a pop of color ... either red or turquoise or yellow. I can't wait until August to use this bad boy. Speaking of which, how awesome is it that my current planner ends on August 1st, which is exactly when this one starts?

And because I feel like this post is lacking color, I leave you with something pretty that has been sitting on my desk for some time now, waiting for me to return them to our craft room at work. I REALLY need to get a set of my own.

2 comments:

cara lou said...

Oh wow. That little planner is too cute! I love it! I love little planners and have a little calender one for 2008 that's orange. However, since I got my iPhone, I've found it much easier to use the calendar there. Plus it has a little notepad. In basically turning my back on everything I stand for by using an electronic calendar and notepad, but it's just seriously more convenien at this time. Even though it makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

Awesome planner, don't you just love black & white stuff?