Thursday, May 29, 2008

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!



I think it's time to officially welcome me to the 21st century. It's been a big week for me--a computer AND my first Photoshop attempt. I'm just so tech-savvy now, I can hardly believe it. Really though, the above is my first attempt at Photoshop. I've never touched it until tonight. Well, actually last night, I opened it, scratched my head and closed it. I was so intrigued by it though, that today I declared my new curiosity to Kevin. He told me to search online for some free brushes, and free brushes is what I found. Laugh if you want to, but the above picture took me QUITE some time to do.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how to decorate the apartment Kevin and I will be moving into at the end of summer (or early fall). He is very much a no frills kind of guy, and that's exactly why I love him so dearly. My inner female, however, wants to decorate. Both of us love the color brown, so I think we can reach somewhat of a compromise. While browsing Etsy, I've seen a lot of different vinyl wall stickers listed, and I must say I want one, or five. What's even better is that Kevin likes them. This one is silly, but absolutely adorable:



Doesn't it make you want to hug your wall?

2 comments:

cara lou said...

Oh man, that is adorable. I've seen some really cute owl ones, too, on etsy.

You should paint your bedroom chocolate. It's like going to bed inside a chocolate cake every night. Delicious, but 0 calories!

cara lou said...

P.S. I like your first Photoshop attempt! Now you can create your own banner! Can't wait to see what you come up with!