Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"... and still I feel so warm inside."

You know, now that I have a working computer AND a fabulous camera, I should be able to post my OWN pictures. Should. We have been transferring pictures from my camera onto K's computer, and of course, he has my camera cord. Not that I have any pictures to post, but still!

Truth be told, I haven't been in a creative mood lately. My life has been consumed by books, t.v. and sleep. My days have been going as follows: wake up, get dressed, go to work, come home, make dinner, change into pj's and hop into bed with a fantastic book. It sounds wonderful and relaxing, but let me tell you, it leaves you feeling empty. So, in the likeness of Cara, I am going to make a list. It's a list just for Cara, since she is my only reader. Hi Cara! Here goes!

Christen's List of Things She's Loving as She is Typing This


1. The Hungry Girl cookbook. I've been a longtime subscriber to her daily e-mail newsletter, so I was ecstatic when she came out with a full-length cookbook. So far I've made two recipes from this and they have both been fantastic.


2. Booksfree.com is my new best friend. It's like Netflix, but for books. With the subscription I have, I pay $14.99/month and can have 4 books out at a time. I managed to read 3 books within a week and am about to start my fourth. That's just about the cost of a new book, so in my mind, it's a bargain. Sure I could go to the library for FREE, but i'm LAZY.



3. Not only do I love The Weepies' new album, "Hideaway," I love the album artwork. I think of The Weepies as an "aww" band. Their music just makes you say "aww" and evokes so many warm and fuzzy feelings.


4. And I am digging these little friends. I loved them when Alicia made her St. Lucia dolls, and I love these that were made by Jenny. In fact, I'm going to attempt to make some of my own this week. I have the clothespins ready to go (in assorted sizes, might I add. Fancy.), I'm just waiting for the correct lighting to work on them. The sun is still going down, so my room is a soothing orange tone. Soothing, but not very work-friendly.

Because I don't have the patience that Cara has, (since she is a mom and all), I'm going to leave my list at 4. I like 4. It's a nice even number. Don't you think?

1 comment:

cara lou said...

I need to get that cookbook! And I can't wait to see your little clothespin dolls! I also need to check out The Weepies. I think I've heard the name but don't know if I've heard the music.

Okay, lady, I'm being extremely serious here. You HAVE TO read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I've mentioned it to you before and now with your book renty thing you have no excuse!!! Put them on your list!!! The books are Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. Do it. :)